Breach Hits Card Processor Global PaymentsGlobal Payments Inc., GPN -9.06% which processes credit cards and debit cards for banks and merchants, has been hit by a security breach that has put some 50,000 cardholders at risk, according to people with knowledge of the situation.
The full extent of the breach couldn't be determined, one of the people said. It wasn't immediately clear if cardholders have been hit by fraudulent transactions.
Representatives of Atlanta-based Global Payments, a so-called third-party processors of payment cards, including debit cards, credit cards, and gift cards, couldn't be reached for comment. More...
- Hackers Penetrate Google’s Building Management System
- Pentagon Accuses China of Cyberspying on U.S. Government
- Cheapest Way to Rob Bank Seen in Cyber Attack Like Hustle
- The global nature of advanced cyber attacks
- IBM executives head to Washington to press lawmakers on cybersecurity bill
- Cyber security bill pits tech giants against privacy activists
- China hacker's blog shows angst, and opens a window onto cyber-espionage
- Mandiant: Chinese hacker unit attempted to clean up online presence
- Cyberthreats getting worse, House intelligence officials warn
- Obama Presses Xi on Cyber Attacks Amid Focus on Hacking